Skip to Content
Non-Payment of Child Support

Non-Payment of Child Support in Paulding County

Serving Cobb County, Douglas County & the Atlanta Metro Area

If your ex is not paying child support that was ordered by the court, there are several options available to you. In Georgia, judges have the ability to levy a punishment on parents who violate the divorce agreement by failing to pay child support. In situations where a child support agreement has already been ordered by the court, you can choose to bring a contempt action before the court. If your spouse is found to be in contempt, they may be ordered to pay fines or serve jail time.

Do Not Withhold Visitation Rights!

In many cases, parents who are not receiving the proper child support payments will make the decision to block the non-payer from visiting or communicating with their child at all. Withholding visitation rights, however, is serious. In these situations, it is important to get help from the courts and an experienced family law attorney.

"I Can't Keep up with Child Support. What Do I Do?"

Not everyone who fails to make child support payments is doing so maliciously. If you are obliged to pay child support but are struggling to keep up, we encourage you to contact one of our Paulding County family lawyers as soon as you can. Do everything that you can to remain current as failure to pay can result in the consequences explained above; however, there are ways that we may be able to help you find a workable solution. If there have been a change in circumstances since the court order—such as a lost job or decrease in income—we can file a petition to modify your support order, which can reduce what you owe.

Get the Support You Need from Our Paulding County Law Firm

At Henrickson & Sereebutra, we can handle your case for non-payment, regardless of whether you are the one who is obliged to pay or if your ex-spouse is in contempt. Call our firm as soon as you can to learn how we can help during these trying times.

Schedule a free case consultation with our divorce lawyers in Paulding County by calling (770) 212-3313 today!

  • 75+ Years of combined legal experience
    Read More About The Firm
  • Put Former Prosecutors In Your Corner
    Learn The Benefits of Hiring Us
  • Watch Our Firm's "As Seen On Tv Videos"
    See Aaron Henrickson in Action
  • Take The First Steps to Protect Your Future
    Schedule a Free Evaluation

View Us Through the Eyes of Our Clients

Read What Our Past Clients Had to Say
  • I feel confident there is no other lawyer in the state of GA I would rather have representing my son than Aaron.
    - Annita
  • Theo Sereebutra was recommended to me by a friend and after meeting him and his staff, we were convinced that Theo was our guy.
    - Cecil
  • Aaron and the Firm, including the front desk assistants have gone over and beyond for my case and another one.
    - Former Client
  • Throughout the year Mr. Henrickson provided exceptional concern in my case, returned my calls within a timely manner, and most importantly showed support in any decisions I made pertaining to my case and options.
    - Morgan