Challenging DUI Evidence in Georgia
Contesting the Weak Evidence with a Paulding County DUI Attorney
Anyone arrested and facing serious DUI charges can benefit from our attorneys at Henrickson & Sereebutra's knowledge and understanding of the DUI laws. As former prosecutors, our Paulding County DUI attorneys have an advantage in defending DUI cases. We have been certified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which involves completion of a course for DUI detection and standardized field sobriety tests.
As experienced trial lawyers, we fight for the constitutional rights and provide a strong defense on behalf of clients facing DUI and other criminal charges. If there are allegations against you for a misdemeanor or felony DUI, you should seek legal help from our firm today.
Challenging DUI Evidence
Although law enforcement receives training in DUI arrest procedures, administration of sobriety tests and breathalyzers, their evidence is not always reliable or correct. Just because you face DUI allegations, it does not mean the court will automatically convict you.
The following types of evidence can be challenging in a DUI case:
- Breathalyzers – Certain Intoxilyzer machines have problems which can lead to inaccurate and unreliable results. Many states have challenged the validity of the breathalyzer tests and the results ruled inadmissible as evidence in numerous cases.
- Equipment maintenance – Blood, breath, and urine test equipment requires continuous maintenance, calibration, and proper use. Without this maintenance, test results could be thrown off.
- Unqualified test administrators – A person must be licensed to conduct a blood test. If not, the test may be administered improperly with unreliable results.
- Handling of evidence – The protocol for handling evidence from a crime scene is very specific to ensure it is not tainted or tampered with. If this happens, evidence may be no longer used.
- Violation of your rights – If an officer violated your rights in obtaining a blood or breath test, or any other process during the arrest, the evidence against you may be inadmissible in court.
Most DUI arrests occur at night when the roads are dark in an uncontrolled environment. That scenario leaves open the possibility of mistakes because of poor visibility and tiredness.
Why You Need to Take Legal Action Today
You should be concerned about your future if you have been charged with DUI. It is not minor matter, nor should it be treated as one. The penalties imposed can be very severe, and you can expect to face long term repercussions if you are convicted. Some choose to plead guilty and don't make an effort to find out if the case could be successfully challenged. Once you plead guilty, your chances on fighting back have vanished. You deserve to find out for yourself if there was a serious flaw in your case.
At our Paulding County firm, our DUI defense lawyers can carefully evaluate each detail of the case, such as:
- The initial police stop through
- Field sobriety test administration
- The arrest procedure
- Chemical testing
- Video, police reports and witness reports
As we have had the advantage of successfully defending many DUI charges, we know what to look for and how to employ aggressive defense tactics. Our legal team takes the responsibility to you very seriously. We know how important this time is to your future freedom and ability to drive, as well as to your personal and professional reputation. The ability to act quickly, identify the best options for the defense, and to present a case in court can be of great benefit to you. We know the law, we know criminal defense, and we are on your side.
The Paulding County DUI attorneys at our firm work tirelessly for their clients. You should have legal representation from the time of an arrest, at arraignment, and at each court proceeding.
A strong and aggressive defense against DUI charges may keep you out of jail. Contact Henrickson & Sereebutra today to get started!
50+ Years of Criminal Defense Experience
Read More About the FirmFirm Overview
Put Former Prosecutors in Your Corner
Learn The Benefits of Hiring UsWhy Hire Us
Watch Our Firm's As Seen On TV Videos
See Aaron Henrickson in ActionWatch Videos
Take the First Steps to Protect Your Future
Schedule a Free EvaluationContact Us
I will forever be in Mr. Henrickson's debt.- Annita
Very friendly & professional.- Cecil
Aaron brought his knowledge to the courtroom and was worth every dime, plus more.- Former Client
Wonderful experience!- Morgan
I am very pleased with Theo's help and he is highly recommended.- Former Client
Not Guilty after Jury Trial Armed Robbery, Aggravated Assault
Not Guilty DUI Drugs
Charges dismissed Trafficking in Methamphetamine
Charges dismissed Possession of Methamphetamine
Probation Armed Robbery, Burglary
Charges Dismissed Possession of Marijuana with intent to distribute
No Charges Filed Rape
Charges Dismissed DUI Alcohol
Charges Dismissed Probation violation based on Manufacturing Marijuana
Not Guilty Burglary, Criminal damage to property (Juvenile Court)